As a member of AAHGS, you enjoy the following benefits:
1. Being part of the largest and one of the oldest African American genealogy societies in the country.
2. Access to the Member’s Only Section of the AAHGS website.
3. Access to the current and archived issues of AAHGS News and the AAHGS Journal found here.
4. You can submit articles for publication as well as submit queries for information on specific individuals or families.
5. Reduced registration rate for AAHGS National Conference.
6. Recognize members and volunteers by nominating them for AAHGS National Awards.
7. Access to knowledgeable network of Researchers.
8. Membership with multiple AAHGS chapters across the United States.
9. Volunteer opportunities with national and local chapters.